Well, the new year has begun, and tomorrow I leave to live in Hoosierland once more. I'll miss Minnesota. Now that I've spent time with friends and family, I don't know how I'm going to leave them. And, dare I say it, I'm even in love with this stupid, stupid state. Oh Minnesota, despite your changeability, I will miss you for your spontaneity.
But as soon as I get back, I have to start getting ready for our trip to the Middle East!!!! I'm sooo hyped. Talk about your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Please pray for our safety and for the safety of all the Taylor groups traveling over J-Term.
I'm leaving one set of friends and going to another, so mixed feelings are understandable. No doubt we've all seen those "inspirational" plaques assuring us that home is where the heart is. As a Biology major, I must point out that my "home" must then be near the upper left side of my thoracic cavity, which I severely doubt. No, home, or at least my earthly home, is where the people I love are. And we don't love with that lump of involuntary cardiac muscle in our chests, we love with our souls and, most importantly, our actions. So, while I feel adrift at times, I have to remind myself that, on this side of eternity, "home" is in more than one place, although I am most comforted by the fact that I have a firmly established home on the other side of eternity, one that will neither pass away nor retain ice dams after large snows.
No comments:
Post a Comment