Monday, January 3, 2011

I awoke to the dim, gentle morning light beaming through the shades of my dorm room... and my friend shaking me.
"Libby, it's seven-thirty, we came to get you for breakfast."
It took me a few seconds to realize the alarm I had set for seven apparently did not go off. I flipped my phone open to check the alarm. Dead. What a way to start out my one-week class. I can try all I want, but tardiness flows through my veins.
I thought that 7:56 would be a great time to leave the dorm and walk to the other side of campus. I got to the building and spent the next five minutes awkwardly peering into classrooms until my friend ran out and rescued me from my confusion.
I didn't have time to make breakfast, but I somehow managed to make freshly brewed coffee. You do the math; am I really using my time wisely?

1 comment:

  1. Libby!! I'm so sad that we didn't get to hang out during break...I didn't realize you were going back to college so soon! Anyway, I'm super glad I discovered your blog, because now I can keep up with what's going on in your life. I miss you, choir buddy!!

    ReplyDelete